Ignoring that I only got this “because we boink”, my (for want of a better word) writer boyfriend and one man wonder behind Forsoothandtwenty has presented me with the above. Alas, the good things in life are not for free, so here are
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
- You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
- You paste the award picture into your blog.
1. I’m a German-born Londoner with Bohemian ancestry and a Russian soul who’s recently lost her heart to Australia.
2. I identify as a feminist, but other feminists annoy me, as does the word “feminism”. I wish we could all just get along.
3. I work in online marketing, specifically, SEO. It’s ever so tempting to sneak in gratuitious links to “my” websites. I also get to spend a lot of time on Facebook and Twitter and get paid for it.
4. I’m rather good at Scrabble.
5. My boyfriend’s parents think he “turned” me.
6. I was recently told my accent sounds like a mix of German and public school. I wish I could hear for myself how terrifying that must be.
7. When I was 10, I had a series of extreme misfortunes and once almost bit my tongue clean off. The only reason I didn’t was that I was wearing a dental splint from a previous accident.
8. I’m in the middle of an unfortunate love affair with London. Most days I feel like Heidi in Frankfurt, but then this great big rotting corpse of a city comes up with something lovely like this and I’m head over heels again.
9. Animals make for much better company than most humans. Humanity is a bit like a hippopotamus, as in that it smells a bit ripe and is best admired from a distance.
10. Wherever I set my virtual foot on the interwebs, I’m being tracked by Glenmorangie. They have an excellent online marketing team.
11. I’ve run out of things to say.
The 11 Blogs:
Forsoothandtwenty (What? Just because he nominated me, I can’t nominate him back? My post, my rules.)
What, that’s only six? Well, tough. My blog, my rules again.
1) Your physical tick/obsession?
I chew my lips to bits.
2) Why do you feel the need to write?
I don’t really, at least not often. It’s more a question of “when” – and that’s mostly when I feel I haven’t updated my blog in a long old time. Or if someone famous says something unbelievably stupid.
3) Just what the heck is up the French, anyway?
Too much garlic in their cuisine.
4) Would you be a Super Hero or a Super Villain?
Probably the former. I’m probably not smart enough to be a villain.
5) What would your Power be?
I’d be a mobile wifi spot.
6) The best thing you’ve ever put your foot in?
The Indian Ocean.
7) What non-sailable/non-driveable/you-get-picture-here luxury goes with you to your exile on the desert island?
Can I have that robotic sex doll that Tim Minchin was asking for?
8) The most surprising place you’ve bumped into some-one you knew?
My flatmate from Germany, outside No. 10, Downing Street.
9) Would you survive a Zombie apocalypse?
Totally, although other people have expressed doubts. I have two brothers and a sister.
10) Would I survive a Zombie apocalypse (based on what you’ve gleaned from this… thing… that we’re doing here)?
Based on what I would have gleaned from this, yes, but I know the real you, and you’d probably have a nap in the middle of a battle, or get lost on the underground, so no.
11) You can meet anyone from history that you want. You can take them out to dinner or to a bar, or to lazer quest if you like (I don’t care, just them get them outta my damn time machine already), who would it be, and would you punch them in the face before sending them back? Or what would you say to them?
I’d go for a potter around the less reputable parts of Paris with Oscar Wilde and hook up with some rent boys, then egg the Marquis of Queensberry’s hack chaise and at the end of the day I’d ask him whether I’m right and Orlando Bloom should have played Dorian Gray.
My 11 Questions:
1. Would you rather go for a drink with Obama or punch Bush jun. in the face?
2. If you couldn’t do it yourself, and you could hire anyone in the world, who would write your autobiography?
3. Live to work, or work to live?
4. Who do you grudgingly admire?
5. The stupidest thing you’ve done that you stupidly still don’t regret?
6. Something you and your parents can never agree on.
7. The most embarrassing thing you like.
8. If you had to decide between living a long, happy, but ultimately insignificant life or a short(ish), intensely experienced one that changes the course of history, what would you choose?
9. Do you remember the first story you wrote/told?
10. The most shallow thing you’ve judged someone on.
11. If you could live inside one book forever, which one would it be?